Baylor University Graduate Assistantship in Bassoon
Master of Music in Bassoon Performance
The Graduate Assistantship is available starting Fall 2017!
· Teach applied students and/or methods class
· Perform in regularly scheduled chamber music classes
· Assist with departmental or research duties; or assist in the instrumental division
· Perform in the major ensembles of the School of Music as needed
Recitals; Chamber Music; Baylor Symphony; Wind Ensemble; Symphonic Band; Baylor Bassoon Quartet; Regional Orchestras
THE ASSISTANTSHIP PROVIDES:
· Stipends and tuition remission for a full assistantship combine to a total of approximately $26,900 per year.
· The full-time graduate assistantship tuition waiver covers all 30 hours of the degree, except for any remedial courses in music history and music theory and student fees.
· The stipend is awarded over eight months and provides the student with approximately $820 per month for living expenses.
· $300 per semester for travel to professional presentations or auditions.
· Assistantships are renewable for a second year. Partial assistantships may be offered.
For more information about studying at Baylor, look at the other links under "Baylor" on this website. Also, go to:
School of Music- Prospective Students
Graduate Assistantship Application Form
Baylor Graduate School
About Baylor School of Music
Applicants must qualify for admission to the Graduate School in order to qualify for an assistantship. The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for performance majors. Official notice of graduate assistantships in the School of Music for 2014-2015 will be made in writing by the Director of Graduate Studies in March 2014.
Baylor University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
For further application information, write to:
Dr. Laurel Zeiss, Director of Graduate Studies
For further audition information, contact:
Dr. Ann Shoemaker, Assistant Professor of Bassoon
Candidates are encouraged to schedule a pre-audition lesson or provide a representative recording before scheduling a personal audition. It is recommended you schedule your campus visit and audition on a school day rather than on one of the standard audition days. It is helpful to know of your interest as soon as possible. Please complete the contact form below: